Epiphany!

  On the advice of a fellow documentary photographer, I picked up Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project."  I should have called this blog post "The Book I Almost Quit Reading...Twice!"  But I didn't because I, in fact, kept reading it and found some valuable insights.

  Much of the book refers back to her personal Twelve Commandments.  Turns out, I had a big personal Commandment of my own.  "Get thy butt out in nature every single day."  Hey, it's my Commandment, I get to write it the way I want to. 

  And as I've been living this personal wisdom, I've noticed it doesn't just make me feel happier...the whole family is happier when we've gotten ourselves outside.  This Sunday, we expanded our Breakfast Ritual to a walk around our town's trails.  We might be doing this every Sunday from now on...





Share your thoughts :

Subscribe for the latest updates from the blog!