18 Summers

  They say you get 18 summers with your kids.  Since my oldest is 13, I've only got 5 more summers with her.  Say what?  I swear there are days when it feels like I just brought her home.  Days when I'm sure she still needs her water wings.  Days when I can't believe how fast the kids are growing.

  That, "Oh my God, time is my enemy" probably informs more of my photography than anything else.  I need, on a cellular level, some kind of insurance against my own memory.  She may not need those water wings any more, but I still have the photos of when she did.  This summer will be all about long limbs and basking in the sun and the silliness that hasn't left her just yet.  And I'll be there to photograph it all!




Share your thoughts :

Subscribe for the latest updates from the blog!